The world is what we make of it. The power to change our world by seeing it differently is in all of us. Iqbal’s mission is to motivate people to take up photography as a form of creative expression.
A breathtaking image is born out of the interplay of a range of elements. Much like the many experiences, influences, passions and dimensions that come together to make the man and photographer, Iqbal Mohamed. A man of few words, but myriad interests, Iqbal has never let rules or norms stifle his thoughts, freedom or expression. He stumbled upon photography as a young boy, and ever since, has felt an unparalleled sense of exhilaration whenever he is behind the lens. He discovered early, that photography is a bridge between what the eye sees and what the mind imagines.
Iqbal Mohamed is one of India’s leading Professional Photographers.
Iqbal is recognised for his work as an automobile, large productions and industrial photographer. He has worked for many brands: Toyota, Ford cars, Fiat, Ashok Leyland Hindustan Motors, Mahindra Automobiles, TVS Bikes, Reebok shoes, Coca Cola, Ponds, Color Plus, Weekender, Godrej Refrigerators, Taj group of Hotels, Titan Watches, Citi Bank, Cairn India, MRF Tyres, Nestle, IFB Washing Machine, BPL Music System, Sony Music, etc.
He has worked with a few celebrities : Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble; formula one race driver Naren Karthikeyan, world shuttle champion Prakash Padukone, classical dancer Protima Bedi, classical singers Bombay Jayashree & TM Krishna.
Iqbal has worked on several social awareness campaigns with various entities like: Tamil Nadu AIDS control Society, CRY (Child Relief & You), Spastic Society of India, Health Department (Tamil Nadu), NGO Nalanda Way, etc.
Iqbal’s passion is nature. He has worked on many projects to promote environmental awareness through his photographs.
He has won national and international recognition for his contribution to Photography.
- Iqbal Mohamed is the founder of India’s first full-fledged Professional Photography Academy, “Light & Life Academy”, at Ooty, Tamil Nadu, in the year 2001. One of its kind, custom-built campus, with the support of Eastman Kodak(USA), Kodak India Limited, Calumet Photographic (USA), Gretag (Switzerland), Prolinchrom (India), Epson India, LMW & Zentask (India).
- Authored the first book of its kind: “Portrait & Function Photography”, in English and eight Indian Languages in 1999.
- Founder of India’s first online photography course “LLA Online” presented in 9 Indian Languages and English in 2017.
- Has made efforts to reach out to the marginalised, to experience the joy of photography through ‘LLA Outreach’.
- Co-photographed for two coffee table books “Karnataka” & “Bangalore”.
- Coffee table book “Vibrant at 1000”, the thousand-year old Chola Temple, Tanjore, Tamil Nadu, India; UNESCO World Heritage.
- Nilgiri Mountain Railway and its steam engine, Tamil Nadu, India; UNESCO WorldHeritage.
- Mamallapuram monolithic temple structures, Tamil Nadu, India; UNESCO World Heritage.
Personal Travel & Nature Photography:
- Many different islands of the Andamans, including the Barren Island, India’s only active volcano.
- Landscapes of the Himalayan Mountains.
- Life & culture, around the Dal Lake area of Kashmir.
- Pushkar, world’s largest Camel Fair, in Rajasthan.
- ‘Jallikkattu’, the bull taming festival in Tamil Nadu.
- Temples of Kancheepuram, Karaikudi & Sivagangai, in the Tamil Nadu state.
- Mountainscapes of Meghalaya, the wettest place in the world.
- Rann of Kutch (Wild Ass sanctuary), Gir Forest (Lion sanctuary), etc., in the state of Gujarat.
- In and around Chilika Lake, one of the largest fresh water lakes of India, state of Orissa.
- ‘Kumbhmela’ at Prayag, world’s largest religious gathering. etc.
- Buddhist Monasteries, in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan.
- Interiors & exteriors of Churches of Cologne (Germany) and Salzburg (Austria).
- Streetscapes of Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Rotterdam and London.
- Travel photography in Oman, Dhubai, Abu Dhabi & Sri Lanka.
- Angkorwat Temples, Cambodia, world’s largest temple complex, UNESCO world heritage.
- Islands of the Maldives, some of the most unique atolls in the world, in the Indian Ocean.
- Landscapes, off the Great Ocean Road, Australia.
- Landscapes of several National Parks in USA, including the Yosemite Valley (world’s highest concentration of tall waterfalls), Death Valley (lowest desert below sea level), Grand Canyon, Arches National Park, Bryce Canyon, Highway One (on the Pacific Sea Coast of California), etc.
- Wildlife & Landscapes of Maasai Mara, Lake Nakuru & Mt. Kilimanjaro, Africa.
- Professional Photography, Brooks Institute of Photography, Santa Barbara, California, USA.
- Assisted some of the top Professional Photographers in Hollywood, before returning to India: such as, people Photographer Jay Silverman, automobile photographer Bill Werts, music album cover photographer Dick Zimmerman (Micheal Jackson’s “Thriller” album cover photographer) and attended more than 20 seminars of leading International Professional Photographers at New York.
- B.A, History & Political Science, Loyola College, Chennai.
- M.B.A, University of Madras, Chennai.
Hobbies & Interests:
Martial Arts, Travelling, Trekking, Cycling, Reading.
Listening to Music, Watching Sports, Watching Movies.
Light & Life Academy: www.llacademy.org
LLA Online: www.llaonline.in