The world is what we make of it. The power to change our world by seeing it differently is in all of us. Iqbal’s mission is to motivate people to take up photography as a form of creative expression.
A breathtaking image is born out of the interplay of a range of elements. Much like the many experiences, influences, passions and dimensions that come together to make the man and photographer, Iqbal Mohamed. A man of few words, but myriad interests, Iqbal has never let rules or norms stifle his thoughts, freedom or expression. He stumbled upon photography as a young boy, and ever since, has felt an unparalleled sense of exhilaration whenever he is behind the lens. He discovered early, that photography is a bridge between what the eye sees and what the mind imagines.
Iqbal Mohamed is one of India’s leading Professional Photographers.
Have shot for: Toyota Camry, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Innova, Ford cars, Fiat Sienna, Ashok Leyland trucks, Hindustan Motors, Mahindra Automobiles, TVS Bikes, Enfield Bikes, Reebok shoes, Coca Cola, Ponds, Color Plus fashion, Weekender Fashion, Vimal Sarees, Godrej Refrigerators, Taj Palace Hotels of Rajasthan, Titan Watches, Citi Bank, Cairn off-shore Oil Rigs, MRF Tyres, Nestle, IFB Washing Machine, BPL Music System, Sony Music, Kingfisher Beer, etc. Shot for NGOs such as Tamil Nadu AIDS control Society, CRY (Child Relief & You), Spastic Society of India, Health Department (Tamil Nadu), etc.
Have done studio shots of celebrities such as cricket batsman Sachin Tendulkar, batsman Rahul Dravid, cricket spin-bowler Anil Kumble; on location shots of formula one race driver Naren Karthikeyan, world shuttle champion Prakash Padukone, classical dancer Protima Bedi, classical singer Bombay Jayashree, classical South Indian singer TM Krishna, etc.
Winner of several national and international awards in Professional Photography.
- Founder of India’s first full-fledged Professional Photography Academy, “Light & Life Academy”, at Ooty, Tamil Nadu, in the year 2001. One of its kind, custom-built campus, with the support of Eastman Kodak (USA), Kodak India Limited, Calumet Photographic (USA), Gretag (Switzerland), Prolinchrom (India), Epson India, LMW &Zentask (India).
- Founder of India’s first online photography platform “LLA Online” presented in 9 Indian Languages and English.
- Authored the first book of its kind: “Portrait & Function Photography”, in English and 8 Indian Languages.
- Has made efforts to reach out to the marginalised, to experience the joy of photography through ‘LLA Outreach’.
- Co-photographed for two coffee table books “Karnataka” & “Bangalore”.
- Authored the first book of its kind: “Portrait & Function Photography”, in English and eight Indian Languages.
- Coffee table book “Vibrant at 1000”, the thousand-year old Chola Temple, Tanjore, Tamil Nadu, India; UNESCO World Heritage.
- Nilgiri Mountain Railway and its steam engine, Tamil Nadu, India; UNESCO World Heritage.
- Mamallapuram monolithic temple structures, Tamil Nadu, India; UNESCO World Heritage.
- Rameshwaram Temple, Tamil Nadu and its world’s longest pillared corridor; aerial photography of the islands around Rameshwaram, including the Dhanushkodi peninsula.
Personal Travel & Nature Photography:
- Many different islands of the Andamans, including the Barren Island, India’s only active volcano.
- Landscapes of the Himalayan Mountains.
- Life & culture, around the Dal Lake area of Kashmir.
- Pushkar, world’s largest Camel Fair, in Rajasthan.
- ‘Jallikkattu’, the bull taming festival in Tamil Nadu.
- Temples of Kancheepuram, Karaikudi & Sivagangai, in the Tamil Nadu state.
- Mountainscapes of Chirapunji, state of Meghalaya, Himalayas, the wettest place in the world.
- Rann of Kutch (Wild Ass sanctuary), Gir Forest (Lion sanctuary), etc., in the Gujarat state.
- In and around Chilika Lake, one of the largest fresh water lakes of India, state of Orissa.
- ‘Kumbhmela’ at Prayag, world’s largest religious gathering. Etc.
- Buddhist Monasteries, in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan.
- Interiors & exteriors of Churches of Cologne (Germany) and Salzburg (Austria).
- Streetscapes of Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Rotterdam and London.
- Travel photography in Oman, Dhubai, Abu Dhabi & Sri Lanka.
- Angkorwat Temples, Cambodia, world’s largest temple complex, UNESCO world heritage.
- Islands of the Maldives, some of the most unique atolls in the world, in the Indian Ocean.
- Landscapes, off the Great Ocean Road, Australia.
- Landscapes of several National Parks in USA, including the Yosemite Valley (world’s highest concentration of tall waterfalls), Death Valley (lowest desert below sea level), Grand Canyon, Arches National Park, Bryce Canyon, Highway One (on the Pacific Sea Coast of California), etc.
- Wildlife & Landscapes of Maasai Mara, Lake Nakuru & Mt. Kilimanjaro, Africa.
- B.A, History & Political Science, Loyola College, Chennai.
- M.B.A, PSG College, Coimbatore & University of Madras, Chennai.
- Professional Photography, Brooks Institute of Photography, Santa Barbara, California, USA.
- Have attended more than 20 seminars of leading International Professional Photographers at Jacob Javits Convention Center, New York.
- Assisted some of the top Professional Photographers in Hollywood, before returning to India: such as, people Photographer Jay Silverman, automobile photographer Bill Werts, music album cover photographer Dick Zimmerman (Micheal Jackson’s “Thriller” album cover photographer).
Hobbies & Interests:
Martial Arts, Travelling, Trekking, Cycling, Reading.
Listening to Music, Watching Sports, Watching Movies.
Light & Life Academy: www.llacademy.org
LLA Online: www.llaonline.in