The world is what we make of it. The power to change our world by seeing it differently is in all of us. Iqbal’s mission is to motivate people to take up photography as a form of creative expression.
A breathtaking image is born out of the interplay of a range of elements. Much like the many experiences, influences, passions and dimensions that come together to make the man and photographer, Iqbal Mohamed. A man of few words, but myriad interests, Iqbal has never let rules or norms stifle his thoughts, freedom or expression. He stumbled upon photography as a young boy, and ever since, has felt an unparalleled sense of exhilaration whenever he is behind the lens. Iqbal discovered very early on, that photography is a bridge between what the eye sees and what the mind imagines.
Iqbal Mohamed is one of India’s leading Professional Photographers.
B.A., Loyola College, Chennai. M.B.A., University of Madras, Chennai.
Professional Photography, Brooks Institute of Photography, Santa Barbara, California, USA. Assisted some of the top Photographers in Hollywood.
Have shot for Toyota, Ford, Citi Bank, Ashok Leyland, Enfield, Reebok, Coke, Ponds, Colour Plus, Godrej, Taj Hotels, Titan watches, TVS Bikes, Cairn India off-shore Oil Rigs, MRF Tyres, Nestle, IFB Washing Machines, BPL Music Systems, Nilgiri Mountain Railway & Mamallapuram monolithic Temple Architecture (both UNESCO World Heritage), Sony Music, various NGOs such as Tamil Nadu AIDS control Society, CRY (Child Relief & You), Spastic Society of India, etc. Winner of several National & International awards.
Pioneering ventures in Photography
Authored the first book of its kind: “Portrait & Function Photography”, published in English and eight Indian Languages.
Founder of India’s first full-fledged Professional Photography Academy, “Light & Life Academy”, at Ooty, Tamil Nadu, in the year 2001, with the support of Eastman Kodak (USA), Kodak India Limited, Calumet Photographic (USA), Gretag (Switzerland), Prolinchrom (India), Epson India, LMW (India), Zentask (India).
Photographed for the coffee table book “Vibrant at 1000”, the 1000 year old Chola Temple, (Tanjore, Tamil Nadu, India; a UNESCO World Heritage Temple).
Co-photographed for coffee table books “Karnataka” & “Bangalore”.
Some of the Personal Photography Projects
- Churches of Koln (Germany) & Salzburg (Austria).
- Temples of Kancheepuram, Karaikudi & Sivagangai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Temples of Ankorwat, Cambodia; UNESCO World Heritage site & world’s largest temple complex.
- Buddhist Monasteries in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan.
- Architecture of Belgium, Holland and France.
- ‘Pushkar’, the world’s largest Camel Fair, in Rajasthan, India.
- More than 20 Islands of the Andamans, including India’s only active Volcano, the Barren Island.
- The Himalayan Mountains in Ladakh area.
- Have trekked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon & photographed the landscapes (the largest canyon in the world).
- Yosemite Valley, California (highest concentration of tall waterfalls & tallest vertical cliff).
- Death Valley, California (desert with the lowest point below sea level, in the world).
Hobbies & interests
Travelling, Trekking, Cycling, Martial Arts.
Observing Nature, Reading, Listening to Music, watching Sports, watching Movies, etc.